Want to make a stressed-out mom laugh? Say something like, “You just need to take more time for yourself!” or “You should get some rest.” Hahhahahha ! How?? When?? And who would keep the Earth turning on its axis for my family while I took this break?
It may seem impossible with all you have on your plate, but taking time to renew and recharge is a good investment that pays real returns. A rested, physically and emotionally healthy woman is a better mom, a better wife, and can accomplish more in fewer hours than the frazzled, drained-dry version of herself.
Everybody needs a break from the demands of daily living. And moms are no exception. Downtime is important. Don’t think of it as self-indulgent… think of it as self-preservation. Giving yourself permission to slow down and relax for a few moments a day, or a few hours each week, will help you gain a fresh outlook and a renewed sense of perspective. So try a few of these 31 Ideas for Mom’s Daily “Me” Time.
1. Go to the movies with your best friend. Have popcorn. If you don’t have friends to go with you it’s still okay , go by yourself .
2. Write something. Poetry, a letter, a short story, a journal, or blog entry.
3. Dance your heart out. I usually start dancing to girls like you by MAROON5.
4. Take a bubble bath with soft music, candles, and definitely some fancy bath bombs.
5. Take a walk in the streets. Or hills , or mountains , or the woods , just do it by yourself or with someone your at ease with .
6. Window shop for ideas of what you’ll wear to your daughter’s wedding – even if it’s 15 years away. Or probably like me google way too much about the things your going to buy for your kid in the coming years .
7. Treat yourself to lunch. A sit-down restaurant, please…you can hit the drive-thru anytime! Or like me click on zomato .
8. Take a nap. A real nap…flopping down on the couch doesn’t count! Get in bed, under the covers. Seriously this one is the best kind of “me” .
9. Buy some pretty underwear…the kind that doesn’t come in a 3-pack. Preferably hit the stores of Victoria’s secrets during the sales in December.
10. Catch up on your reading. Find a good book or that stack of magazines you’ve been too busy to get to. Or like me just click on YouTube videos and watch this hilarious comic cartoons by EXplosmentertainment .
11. Go for a swim. Clear out all the kids’ gear and hop in…or go to the Y or neighborhood pool. I can neither swim nor my neighbors have pools . So I swim in my own thoughts ( *insert laugh emoji *) .
12. Reconnect with a Friend . Call someone you haven’t talked to in a while. As we grow older and older we kind of stop talking to our friends . It’s always important to adult , so get out there and talk . ( it helps ) .
13. Pull out your wedding album and remember how you felt right before you walked down the aisle. For me I watch my wedding videos and cry over missing my parents too much … hahaha !
14. Take your mom to lunch. She could use a break too! . Yeah probably I do that when my mum is around , but I make sure I do call her twice a day .
15. Pray and read your Quran or devotional or holy book .
16. Get crafty. Try your hand at something new or do a craft you’ve been putting off forever. Getting crafty got me to inspire myself to start my own online store . You’ll never know what could inspire you to do something .
17. Try yoga. Stretch yourself. Unless you want to just lay down in sleepasana .
18. Go for a drive. Play your favorite tunes, put the windows down, and let the wind blow through your hair and sing at the top of your lungs .
19. Get a pedicure! Treat your feet and your whole body will thank you! This is something that makes melt . Defiantly need this every week .
20. Have a tea party. Find a tea room and enjoy being pampered. Or probably just dress up for yourself .
21. Watch something at home. A movie, TV show, whatever! Netflix and chill , Literally ! .
22. Hit some yard sales! Even if you don’t find anything, it can be a blast to browse! Yeah unless you have 20$ in your pocket ! .
23. Go to your happy place. Close your eyes and you’re there. Unless there is a screaming baby in the background , your not there ! .
24. Take a bike ride. Take a few spins around the block or venture out farther. Or some kind of ride to take you away .
25. Try a new recipe. Choose something you like without trying to please picky eaters. If your not into cooking then just ask someone to try a new recipe for you .
26. Pick up some flowers. They’ll brighten your house and brighten your day! Agreed .
27. Go thrift shopping. See what treasures you can find. I do this quite often and they usually don’t last long but no regrets !
28. Go MIA. Don’t take any calls for half an hour (unless it’s an emergency, of course). Ha ! I wish . But you could .
29. Get a massage. It will be the most relaxing 30 minutes of your day! Just 30 mins . It makes a hell lot of difference .
30. Have a play date! Connect with a friend for coffee , play areas , tennis , blah blah blah , anything that will get you out of the house .
31. Do nothing. (Yes, it’s really okay…).